As a fiscal sponsor and 501(c)(3) organization, The Hub is responsible to ensure our projects meet certain requirements. Please see below to ensure your project meets these qualifications.
- Project activities must be charitable in purpose
- Project must be organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes
- No profits from sponsored project may inure to any private shareholder or individual
- The project cannot lobby or otherwise attempt to influence legislation
- Projects cannot campaign for or against political candidates
- The project must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests
For more detailed information on charitable organizations, please visit www.IRS.gov If you believe your project meets the IRS criteria listed above, please review The Hub’s internal criteria:
- Project must have a Project Manager who is responsible for all communication and has regular access to telephone and email.
- Project must have a clear and concise mission that directly contributes to the The Hub’s mission to promote positive, entrepreneurial, sustainable social action
- If your project already has 501(c)(3) status and wishes to be a Project A or B, your non-profit status must be made dormant while under The Hub's sponsorship
- Projects with international activities must have a U.S. base of operations
- Activities of the project cannot be commercial except as its sales are directly related to the nonprofit agenda
If you have any questions about project eligibility with The Hub, please don’t hesitate to be in contact.